Eco Friendly Statement
Southern Quarries Pty Ltd and Direct Mix Concrete are two proud South Australian companies committed to fostering business partnerships that will improve South Australia and to do business by implementing projects that benefit our community environmentally, socially, economically and foster a sustainable future.
Environmental and Sustainable practises
- We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint from our processes, operations and facilities, with the use of alternative fuels such as Adblue.
- Efficient use of energy and conservation of water such as,
- The use of new water technologies at Murrayview which will save water by monitoring moisture levels below the surface using neutron probes.
- Rainwater capture and storage at all of our facilities and Recycled water systems at all concrete plants to capture and re use waste water.
- The use of dry produced manufactured sand for use in our concrete and we dry screen natural sand from our sand mine at Price, eliminating the need for washing sand and the environmental impacts associated with washing sand such as silt damns.
- All oils are collected and sent off to be recycled by a third party.
- Ongoing revegetating of native trees at our Sellicks Hill Quarry and the purchase of more than 300 acres of buffer land surrounding the Quarry which has also been revegetated.
- Southern Quarries uses Polo Citrus as a replacement for water dust suppression on its crushing plant at Sellicks saving thousands of litres of water per year.
- The installation of a wheel wash at Southern Quarries which uses water captured in our dam and is recycled through a series of settlement ponds. The wheel wash ensures that so called “drag out” is minimised having a positive impact on our community.
- The use of energy efficient lighting in our offices.
- Compliance with all relevant legislation, standards and codes of practice.